Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Girl with a Tattoo Resembling a Dragon

I saw this movie today. 2 hours 19 minutes. It was good. Really good.Better than that, even.

I don't know what to say about a movie, game, book, or whatever to get people interested or invested in it without giving away too much detail. I believe too much detail is subjective. I don't even wanna know Ranma turns into a girl when he get's wet, but some people don't mind it if you give away the ending. To them, the movie is still satisfying if they get to see how it happens. How do the good guys win and the bad guy's lose? Does anyone get an eye poked out?

The movie is about 2 interesting people who get paired up in an interesting way to solve a very interesting 40 year old mystery. See, I think that gave too much away 'cause it was a nice surprise for me that they got paired up, even though I probably should have expected it as soon as the mystery was introduced. In retrospect, it wasn't something out of the blue, I just couldn't read the handwriting on the wall, or rather, I wasn't certain and it game me something to stick around for.

The movie is rated R and rightly so. There isn't anything graphic but there are a couple scenes that are still hard to watch. The mystery involves some dark subject matter. If I wasn't so desensitized from all the smut I read back in high school and Berserk, I probably wouldn't have been able to finish this because I'm generally a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment