Tuesday, September 17, 2013

God is Despicable, but I'm the Asshole?

If you're suffering from a mild to sever head wound, you probably don't know this but 2/3 children on this planet go to bed hungry at night! In some parts of the world, there are prostitutes so young you'd shit yourself. Rape is sky high in Africa where some people actually believe they can cure their aids by having sex with a virgin. Some people have only filthy, infested water to drink. There's all kinds of worse hell I could describe, but I want to make my point. This is God's world (if you're superstitious) and he said it was good. If I explicitly depicted some of the horrors that are everyday life on Earth for some people in writing or in a painting, some of you would have to bust out the dictionary to tell me how sick that makes me. I'm just painting a vulgar, vile scene of raiders attacking a village in the night, mutilating, stealing, raping, and murdering, but God is responsible for the real thing. How come God get's praised for orchestrating real, actual heinous atrocities, but If I reproduce it in an art form, I'm the asshole? I hate this world and the people on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment