Friday, October 11, 2013

Washington "Redskins" Stays!

I don't care about sports, but there's a controversy within sports that is of a passing interest to me. The team name Washington Redskins in considered offensive by some and these people pressure the owners to change the name to something that is "good" or "nice" or PC. I think this is bogus. This so called offensive team name is less offensive than imposing our ideas on others. This is our culture now, and you can see how it has considerably degraded in the past 250 years. Remember "I don't agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it?" That's what America used to be about.

Let's go to an extreme example. I don't like the sound of The Washington Niggers, but what if? I say, It's your team, name it what you want. I don't see any children going hungry over this. The sun won't grow any dimmer. If you don't like it, root for the other guys. Don't play on that team. Don't buy their shit. Just don't support them, but remember to respect them none the less because disrespect and mistreatment will only make a bad situation worse.

When the president of the U.S.A. is bothered to comment on the subject, I think maybe we are taking ourselves too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment