Saturday, April 12, 2014

$3 Coffee is Bullshit

Nothing makes me feel white guilt, period, end of story, except for Star Bucks. It's walking out of a needlessly fancy building (expensive bullshit facade with bullshit trendy, pretentious atmosphere and bad music especially during the winter holiday season) with an overpriced, over-sized snack-treat which I didn't earn that morning (or week/month/year!) that I don't share with anyone while children are staving in the cold with disease, witnessing death, sadness and ruin most of the world over. That to me is more indecent than an accidental nipple or doing an overtly sexual dance at a legal age of ones own free will. Starbucks fuels my misanthropy. An entire species of asshats so woefully selfish that Starbucks (as well as the Superbowl and denying equality to people based on sexual orientation) take precedence in their minds before helping the less fortunate and making the world a better place. I wonder how many of the great minds of our time do their best work inside of a Starbucks! Oh, how I mope, and such a delight is my impotence.

 I think the average drink at Starbucks is 3 to 5 dollars and some drinks have as many (empty) calories as a whole meal. Starbucks has taken the commodity of the coffee bean and turned it into an empire on which you could base dystopian fiction. Sure, less romantic than a resource like gold or coal, and that's what makes it so much darker! I think its sad, at the time of this writing, that dystopia is not a word recognized by blogger, but it knows that Starbucks is a proper noun! Kleptocracy.

Please bring back $0.99 coffee, which I still think is overpriced for roasted bean juice and milk. You know what I do for coffee? I buy a big container of dehydrated coffee for ~$4 two or three times a year and add silk. It get's old and there is a quality to it which I can't put my finger on that I don't quite like, but to me, it isn't that much worse than the crap I get from Starbucks; This is where some of the guilt comes from - it's fancy coffee that is only slightly better than my coffee. I suppose my palette is not refined enough to appreciate the Starbucks quality. So what? That's Starbucks' problem.

Also, nice topless mermaid. Ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment